We want YOU! We encourage local food purveyors to partner with Saving Grace to feed the hungry with their surplus perishable food rather than tossing it in a dumpster. This makes good business sense, as they receive a tax credit, save on dumpster fees and support their sustainability plan – while feeding our less fortunate neighbors with healthy foods.
You can help! Ask your favorite grocery stores and restaurants what they do with their excess edible food and suggest they partner with Saving Grace if they are not already donating it.
CRITERIA FOR FOOD DONATIONS:
- Food to feed a minimum of 20-25 people, in order to curb our truck expenses.
- Excess food must have been properly maintained (refrigerated or frozen) and held in the kitchen without being served due to health regulations. We do not accept food that has been opened to the public. Please consider using smaller serving trays so we can rescue more of your excess food.
- Please give us as much advance notice as possible. We do not warehouse food; it is delivered the same day we receive it. Our pick-up schedules are made during the morning hours with deliveries to our local non-profits feeding our hungry neighbors that afternoon.
- If you have an evening function where there may be excess food, please make arrangements to refrigerate the food overnight; we will collect it the following morning.
- We do not accept food donations in our office as we are a food distributor and do not warehouse food.